Parks Adventure Bus Will Be In Western New York This Summer
You could take an adventure to every park this summer, thanks to the new Parks Adventure Bus in Western New York.
Listen to Clay & Company, Every Weekday Morning On106.5 WYRK
Instead of driving to your favorite parks for summer fun, such as Beaver Island, Fort Niagara, or Akron Falls, you can catch the free Parks Adventure Bus, touring a different park in Western New York every weekend this summer.
Starting June 18, the NFTA-Metro will send the Parks Adventure Bus out to parks around Western New York, every Saturday for the rest of the summer.
According to the NFTA website, there is no fare required for these trips, either way.
Here is the Parks Adventure Bus schedule:
- June 18th: Knox Farm State Park
- June 25th: Chestnut Ridge Park
- July 9th: Fort Niagara State Park
- July 16th: Como Lake Park
- July 23rd: Beaver Island State Park
- July 30th: Akron Falls Park
- August 6th: Evangola State Park
- August 13th: Make-Up Day – If any of the previous days are cancelled due to weather, this date will be reserved for a make-up trip.
These are the departure times, according to the NFTA:
- From MTC
- 9:00 AM
- 11:00 AM
- 1:15 AM
- From Parks
- 12:00 PM
- 2:15 PM
- 4:00 PM
You should arrive 10 minutes early to board the buses downtown and at all parks. Every one off the parks has available bathrooms, and the Parks Adventure Bus has bike racks attached to the front of the bus; however, it only holds two bikes.
Before you ride the Parks Adventure Bus, the NFTA advises you to:
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
- Bring a full water bottle, cell phone, and some snacks
- Wear sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat
- Bring swimsuits and towels for the pool or beach
- Proper disposal of trash required
- Pets are not allowed on NFTA-Metro vehicles (Service animals are always welcome)
If there is an emergency, call 911 or seek help from park rangers on staff.
You can read more about the NFTA’s new Parks Adventure Bus here.