Now We Have To Watch Out For Hand Sanitizer Too?
After months and months of the CDC and the FDA telling us to wash our hands and use hand sanitizer, they've singled out a few brands of hand sanitizer that are toxic.
Now listen, this does NOT mean to stop using hand sanitizer. It's very helpful to kill the coronavirus. We just need to look at what is in our hand sanitizer now.
The original brands that the FDA found were all made from a Mexican company called Eskbiochem. They all contain something called methanol which can be toxic to humans. Seems about right for 2020...
The FDA originally put these brands on a list of sanitizers that contain methanol:
- All-Clean Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-002-01)
- Esk Biochem Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-007-01)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-008-04)
- Lavar 70 Gel Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-006-01)
- The Good Gel Antibacterial Gel Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-010-10)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-005-03)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-009-01)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-003-01)
- Saniderm Advanced Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-001-01)
Methanol could cause nausea, headaches, blurry vision, seizures, and blindness.
They then just added 5 more names to their list:
- Grupo Insoma's Hand Sanitizer Gel.
- Transliquid Technologies' Mystic Shield Protection.
- Bersih Hand Sanitizer Gel. It's made by a company called "Soluciones Cosmeticas."
- Antiseptic Alcohol 70% Topical Solution, made by the same company.
- Britz Hand Sanitizer, made by a company called Tropicosmeticos.
Again, this does not mean to stop using hand sanitizer...just don't use the brands above.