Poll Finds Almost Half of Parents Unwilling To Send Their Kids To School
You would think that after three months of makeshift homeschool, parents would be ready to send their kids back to school right away.
According to a new poll by ABC News/Ipsos, 45 percent of parents across the United States aren't.
Respondents were interviewed on June 10-11, so the feedback is current.
Conversely, 82 percent of respondents said they were willing to go back to work.
The survey also reports what else a lot of us aren't ready to do right now:
- 55% of us are unwilling to go on an airplane
- 61% are unwilling to go to a movie theatre
- 66% are unwilling to go to the gym
- 71% are unwilling to attend a large sporting event in a stadium
The poll says we are feeling ready for some things, including:
- 57% are ok with staying in a hotel
- 69% are willing to go to a barber or beauty salon
- 53% are willing to go to the mall
- 57% are willing to go to church