How To Become The Best Tailgater In Buffalo, New York
The most popular tailgating lot for the Buffalo Bills games is the Hammers Lot, right? I think everyone knows that.
Listen to Clay & Company On 106.5 WYRK
The tailgate party always starts early at the Hammers Lot, with tons of Bills Mafia members showing up in full force to support their team.
Remember at the beginning of the NFL season when Buffalo tailgates were voted as the #1 most popular tailgate party out of all 32 NFL teams.
The Cincinnati Bengals tailgate parties came in at a close second, which is heartwarming when you think about how much we have bonded with their fanbase after what happened on Monday night football a few weeks ago.
For the record, the Kansas City Chiefs didn’t even make the top 10!
So we get it…Buffalo knows how to tailgate the right way. But there’s always one tailgater that shines through more than others.
That’s why the Hammers Lot always selects a Tailgater of the Week, and for week 18, Kadie Daye from Clay & Company on 106.5 WYRK was the judge at Hammers Lot.
Hammer told her about some key things to look for when it comes to selecting a deserving tailgater to be honored with Tailgater of the Week, and here are some of those characteristics:
- Have a good selection of food and drinks.
- Represent the Buffalo Bills, with flags, signs, and more!
- Bring coolers for the drinks.
- Be entertaining! From drinking games to being friendly with other tailgaters, grab the attention by being entertaining and outgoing.
- Pitch a tent or a canopy to let everyone know where your party is!
- You got to have good snacks (bison dip, buffalo chicken wing dip, etc.)
- It’s never bad to bring a football to throw around and have some fun.
- Other outdoor games are welcomed, too! Including corn hole!
- AND DON’T FORGET – you got to wear Bills-y stuff, too!
Week 18’s Tailgater of the Week from Hammers Lot had a clear winner, and that is….
Not only did she have three canopy tents in Bills colors, she also had a wide selection of food, belated Christmas gifts for anyone who came by, Bills merch and Buffalo Bills flags, and of course you can see she had some adult beverages.
It’s a whole new week now as we plan to Squish The Fish! Who will be this week’s winning tailgater?