How Cuddling Makes You Healthier
We're all looking for ways to stay healthier right now, and in the age of social distancing, you might find it surprising to learn that cuddling can have some positive health benefits.
Of course we're talking about cuddling with people you're already quarantined with. Mic.com gives these five reasons cuddling can improve your overall health:
1. It makes us happier. Cuddling with our partner releases all sorts of feel-good hormones like seratonin and dopamine. Plus close physical contact with someone also releases oxytocin -- the happy hormone.
2. Your immune system gets a boost. When we experience touch, we also experience a decline in the level of cortisol -- the stress hormone.
3. It will make your anxiety lessen. Cortisol is the culprit behind feelings of anxiety. Cuddling can decrease these hormone levels.
4. You'll sleep better. Cuddling releases oxytocin, and in addition to making you feel happier, oxytocin can help you sleep.
5. Your relationship itself will be healthier. Touch creates a deeper bond.