It Is The Last Week To Use Plastic Bags At Wegmans
Wegmans will be plastic-bag free as of January 27th and here is everything you need to know about the transition and how it affects you.
Only plastic bags used at checkout are being taken out of the store. Bags in other departments are already made of 100% plant-based materials so they will continue to be used.
So how are you affected by the change?
Wegmans is selling reusable bags for .99 a piece which you can buy at the store and use when you go shopping every time. They will also offer paper bags that will run you a nickel each if you don't have a reusable bag.
Other places opted out of the fee and the .05 cents will be donated to a local food bank.
You can get more details on the Wegmans' website.
More Articles You Might Be Interested In
- Should New York Be Split Into Two States?
- Buffalo Pizza Gets Shout Out From Hollywood Star
- Eating Ice Cream Can Make You Smarter
- Why Are Fireworks Illegal In New York State?
- East Aurora Safest Place To Live In Western New York