Lucky Duck Scavenger Hunt Returns, WNY Police Departments
There is a family of rubber ducks that have found their way to Western New York through its police departments.
The annual Lucky Duck Scavenger Hunt is a joint effort by eight different police departments in the area, like the Lackawanna PD, West Seneca PD, Lancaster PD, Tonawanda PD, Orchard Park PD, and more.
It is a free event to urge the community to stay engaged with their local police department, including the Town of Tonawanda.
The police departments are collaborating on this fun contest this year in memory of one of their own valued officers on staff, Captain Christine Milosich, who passed away last March.
Milosich fought a tough battle with cancer, and while she may not be with us, her legacy lives on through the Lucky Duck Scavenger Hunt and through her husband, who is also a police captain. Mr. Milosich has taken over the reins in honor of his wife, who started the scavenger hunt last year.
Rubber ducks have been hidden in parks all across the area, and the people of WNY are encouraged to search for the ducks for the next two weeks. You will be able to spot the ducks easily because they are all in police uniforms, and the “lucky duck” will have Captain Christine Milosich’s badge.
The agencies and parks that you will find the ducks are:
- Firemen’s Park - (hidden by Depew Police)
- Galanti Park - (hidden by Lackawanna Police)
- Green Lake / Yates Park - (hidden by Orchard Park)
- Losson Park - (hidden by Cheektowaga Police)
- Niagara Airport, Buffalo Airport, and Bus Terminal - (hidden by NFTA)
- Sheridan Park & Lincoln Park - (hidden by Town of Tonawanda Police)
- Russert Park, Centennial Park, Dorrance Park, Sunshine Park, Burchfield Park, and the Soccer Complex - (hidden by West Seneca Police)
Once you find the “Lucky Duck” in the parks, take a picture and use this link to submit your pictures and be entered into a prize drawing. However, once you find a duck, the participating police departments ask that you do not touch or remove any ducks so that everyone has a fair chance to be a part of the scavenger hunt.
The contest runs through August 30th, and you can send your photos to the Lucky Duck Scavenger Hunt Facebook page, for a chance to win the grand prize of a Nintendo Switch.