New York State Is Getting A New License Plate Again
Remember when New York moved away from the white plate for cars and went back to the yellow and blue design? They're changing it up again.
The New York blue and white "Empire License Plate" is going to be changed out and the governor's office is looking for your input on which design should go into print.
There are five different designs to choose from. They all feature a white background and are trimmed with yellow and blue.
- The first design features the Statue of Liberty just like the old white ones did, but this one is close up.
- The second design is very similar to the old red white and blue Statue of Liberty design only it's yellow, white and blue.
- The third design looks like it features the new Tappan Zee Bridge.
- The fourth design features the Statue of Liberty torch in the middle with the words E Pluribus Unum in the top left corner and an outline of New York State in the top right corner.
- The fifth and final design features Niagara Falls in the bottom left corner and the Statue of Liberty and the NY City skyline in the bottom right corner.
The voting will be open until Monday, September 2nd, at 11:59 P.M. The plates will then be available in April 2020.