Did you experience ALL 27 human emotions watching Bills vs. Jets?
There are 27 human emotions, and Bills games are always a roller coaster ride for the senses. Check off the list and see if you experienced all 27 human emotions during the Bills dismantling of the New York Jets.
I experienced ALL 27. Here’s how:
1. Admiration - A true gut reaction to how Coach Sean McDermott can clap through any situation
2. Adoration - See: Allen, Josh
3. Aesthetic appreciation - The white-on-white uniforms are, as the kids say, straight fire
4. Amusement - Over CBS thinking I’d actually watch ‘Ghosts’
5. Anger - At NFL Referees and their united refusal to call a pass interference penalty against any defender holding Stefon Diggs
6. Anxiety - Anxiety was checked off the list days before the game began!
7. Awe - At my dog’s ability to fart through an entire 3-hour football game
8. Awkwardness - Any time Phil Simms talked during pregame and halftime
9. Boredom - Extra point, commercial, kickoff, commercial, commercial, play, commercial - we all have to admit that the NFL is 90% boring as all get out
10. Calmness - For .02 seconds, when the Bills were up by 5 touchdowns, I experienced calmness
11. Confusion - Any time a flag was thrown during the game
12. Craving - This emotion was experienced constantly, but luckily we made a pan of nachos
13. Disgust - This emotion was experienced when I caught a glimpse of myself eating the nachos in the reflection of the TV on which I was watching the Bills game
14. Empathic pain - Seriously, how painful it must be to be a Jets fan
15. Entrancement - Got this one watching a slow-mo replay of Emmanuel Sanders running a route
16. Excitement - Isaiah McKenzie almost breaking a kick return for a TD
17. Fear - When they showed the standings and New England is only a half-game back
18. Horror - When I heard that a Bills player was injured and saw that it was Dion Dawkins
19. Interest - Based on the commercial, I’d sign up to see a Katherine O’Hara/Kevin Hart vehicle
20. Joy - The final score, duh
21. Nostalgia - If my dad was still with us, he would’ve loved this game. He’s in Florida though
22. Relief - The final score (I’m allowed to experience more than one emotion at a time!)
23. Romance - My wife offered to bring me more nachos
24. Sadness - When I saw that the nachos pan was almost empty but I was still hungry
25. Satisfaction - When they took away a TD from Stefon Diggs so he just scored another one
26. Sexual desire - Again, the nachos were sooooo good! It’s a mood-setter in my house
27. Surprise - Holy smokes! Matt Brieda scored!