Donate Gently Used Shoes To Help A Little Boy In Lockport
There is a little boy in Lockport who needs your help. And all you need to do is donate your gently used shoes.
His name is Dante Fick and he's got a very rare disorder that affects how he walks and talks. According to WKBW, it's called Spastic paraplegia type 52 (SPG52). It's so rare that only 3 other kids in the US have it, and only 14 others have it in the world.
They've already had a campaign with 26 shirts that raised about $3000 but need your help to raise more. As of right now, there is no cure but they're hoping they can raise $3 million worldwide.
"There's no cure or any real form of treatment, but really we are trying to do whatever we can to help him feel better and help him get around." -Carrie Fick (Dante's mom)
The Fick family is putting on a shoe drive to collect shoes and ultimately raise more funds to help with treatment.
All you need to do is to drop off your gently used shoes to:
- SowFit Buffalo Sports & Fitness, 1292 Sheridan Dr, Kenmore
- Lockport Family YMCA, 5833 Snyder Dr, Lockport
- Advantage Physical Therapy, 5556 Davison Rd, Lockport
The shoes will then be turned in to Funds2Orgs and then Carrie will get a check for the number of shoes turned in. And they can take everything except ice skates.
The more shoes they get, the more money they will be able to turn in for research.
More Articles You Might Be Interested In
- Legoland Is Opening Another Park - And This One's In New York
- Good News For Swiss Chalet Lovers In WNY
- Amazon Is Spying On You - Here's How to Get Them To Stop
- New Law Would Give Tax Credits To People Who Rescue Pets
- Clear Your Car From Snow In New York, Or Get A Ticket
- Kraft Offers Mac & Cheese Powder In 2lb Jug
Listen to WYRK On The Job with Brett Alan, weekdays from 10am-3pm on Buffalo’s New Country 106.5 WYRK!!
WYRKBrett on Snapchat