Get Free Money Just For Living In New York State
When you live in one of the most expensive states in the country, you have to find a creative way to make some extra cash to stay afloat.
Of course, many people take on a second job, but that may not be enough for some New York residents depending on what their career is. New York offers an average salary of $74,870, which doesn’t sound too bad; however, you typically need $96,814 annually to be able to support a family.
How does one survive? Well, we look for ways to make some extra cash without becoming overwhelmed with the stress of multiple jobs (3 or more).
Thanks to PennyHoarder, we found out there are several ways to make some extra cash. Take a look at their list below.
Get Paid Up to $140/Month For Taking Surveys
- You can earn up to $140/month on a free site called Branded Surveys. https://surveys.gobranded.com/ They will pay you $5 per survey for sharing your thoughts with their brand partners. If you take three quick surveys a day, that comes out to about $140 each month. Just set up your account and you’re set.
Earn $1K/Month Doing Easy Online Tasks
Add $500 to Your Wallet For Using Apps
- Scan Receipts With Fetch
- Here’s an easy way to earn gift cards to your favorite local chain restaurants. Scan your receipts and you rack up points quickly…for free! Once you get 15,000 points, that is good for a $15 gift card to a place of your choosing. Download Fetch when you click here and https://fetch.com/ AND BONUS: When you use this code 4R6RDP, you will score 250 points right away!
Get Paid $225/Month To Watch Movie Trailers
- The website InboxDollars will pay you to watch short video clips online. Just pick the videos you want to watch and answer the follow-up questions.
- No, InboxDollars won’t replace your full-time job, but it’s something easy you can do while you’re already on the couch tonight wasting time on your phone.
Get Paid up to $130/Month From SurveyJunkie
Swagbucks Will Buy Your Opinion
- Swagbucks can be redeemed for cash or gift cards, and you can sign up here.
Get Paid to Drink Beer
- This has got to be the best one…especially if you live in Western New York where we have the Largest Craft Beer Festival in New York State: Buffalo On Tap. Secret Hopper will send you to breweries in your area, ask you to order beers, and pick up the tab for you so long as you rate your experience. So basically you get paid to drink beer!
Become a Mystery Shopper
- Similar to the free beer, you could score a free meal or even make money when you apply to be a mystery shopper. Click here to be a mystery shopper.
Got Junk? Make it Cash
- You won’t make the quickest cash by doing this, but it adds up! Take a look here at the details on sending your junk mail to turn it into cash.
Get Paid to Drop a Few Pounds
HealthyWage will literally pay you for losing weight, which can be really motivating if you have a fitness goal you are working towards! I mean, after all – money talks. Depending on your goals, you could win up to $10,000!
Stream on Twitch
- Something my brother does all the time and I used to give him grief for…boy how the tables have turned. Tons of people actually tip their favorite Twitch streamers, and it becomes a way for ad revenue to generate on your stream. If you want to make money, you might as well stream.
Rent Your Stuff Out
- If you have something in your home that you’re not ready to part with but you can do without for a day or two, you can rent out anything in your home to make some money. Click here to rent your stuff.
Sell Your Friendship
- If you register to become a friend at RentAFriend.com, you may be getting invited to attend a free concert, a sporting event, attend a family function, or more.
- You can charge up to $50 an hour and set your own schedule as you please. Some people earn close to $100,000.
Art is subjective, right? Share your talent with the world by selling your artwork on Etsy!
Sell Your Smartphone Photos
- You can turn your photos, taken by your smartphone, and upload it to the Foap marketplace. Whenever someone buys the license to that picture, you will make half of the licensing cost (which is $10). https://www.foap.com/
- Taking chess club back in the day is about to pay off! You can tutor people in chess and make at least $35 per hour. You can even tutor in other categories you are strong in.
Not a bad way to make some extra cash in New York state, right? If you have been feeling strapped for cash, these tricks could help you stay afloat the money margin. You can always view PennyHoarder for more updated tips and tricks when you click here.
The Only Acceptable Forms of Tipping In New York State
Gallery Credit: Clay Moden
2024 Country Concerts in Buffalo, New York
Gallery Credit: Rob Banks
Perfect First Time Home In Western New York [PICTURES]
Gallery Credit: Zillow