Save and Get More with These Awesome Bargaining Tips
The World's Largest Yard Sale is May 6 and May 7 at the Hamburg Fairgrounds. Here are some great bargaining tips to get you ready for the fun!
1. Bring cash - when it comes to bargaining, nothing is more powerful than cold, hard cash. So make sure you stop by the ATM before you go!
2. Timing is everything! - Sellers have taken plenty of time to haul items in, and they don’t want to tow them all the way back home. So if you time it right, you might be able to grab a deal simply by taking an item off their hands at the end of the day. True, to get the best selection you might want to shop early, but if a good price is what you want, later might bebetter.
3. Make sure your phone is charged - If you love item, you can look it up on ebay and see what's selling for.
4. Don’t insult the seller. - Even though you want the item for as little as possible, if you insult the seller by offering a way-too low price, you’ll do more harm than good. A good tactic is to offer about 25% less than the asking price. If the table is marked at $100, then start your bargaining at $75. If you know the average asking price for a similar-style item, you’ll make an educated offer, which will most likely be accepted.
5. Bundle! Ask for a deal on multiple items. See if the merchant will give you a better price if you buy in bulk (three necklaces instead of one). The more they think they can sell, the more flexible they may become.