Slow Roll Buffalo Begins Another Season This Monday
Slow Roll Buffalo returns for a fifth season this Monday and every Monday thru October. Each week the route takes bicycle riders thru a different part of the city and for many people it's the very first time they've seen some areas of the city for themselves.
The event is free and open to everyone, young or old. All you need is a bike. Among the youngest riders are 4-year old twins. Among the oldest riders are a 96-year old. It's a way to get out and meet people, those riding along and those you'll meet along the way.
Generally, the routes are 10 miles long with two stops along the way. The event concludes with a big tent party with food trucks and beverages.
Riders meet up at 5:30 pm with the Slow Roll beginning at 6:30 pm. Starting in October those times are a half hour earlier.
This year's Slow Roll schedule:
- May 7 - Electric Tower
- May 14 - Moot Center
- May 21 - West Side Community Services
- May 28 - Naval Park
- June 4 - Varsity Theatre
- June 11 - East Parade Circle
- June 18 - Brookdale Park
- June 25 - Masten Park
- July 2 - Freedom Wall
- July 9 - Olivencia Center
- July 16 - Niagara Square
- July 23 - Colored Musicians Club
- July 30 - Broadway Theatre
- August 6 - Mulberry and Carlton
- August 13 - Parkside Lounge
- August 20 - Ms Goodies
- August 27 - Olmsted at Kensington
- September 3 - The Steel Plant Museum
- September 10 - Iron Island Museum
- September 17 - Buffalo Irish Center
- September 24 - Broadway Market
- October 1 - Maritime Center
- October 8 - Groove Lounge
- October 15 - Community Beer Works
- October 22 - Ukrainian Civic Center
- October 29 - Flying Bison Brewery