Tanya Tucker Wins Grammy 47 Years After First Nomination
It may have taken a long time, but Tanya Tucker is now officially a Grammy award-winning artist, in fact, a two-time winner!
Tucker took home two Grammy awards last night, one for best country song for “Bring My Flowers Now” and one for best country album for “While I’m Livin’.” 47 years after she was nominated for a Grammy the very first time.
She was first nominated for a Grammy in 1973 for her breakout hit “Delta Dawn.” She had been nominated 14 times before, but never won the award until yesterday.
Check out her acceptance speech after her first win of the night.
More Articles You Might Be Interested In
- Should New York Be Split Into Two States?
- Buffalo Pizza Gets Shout Out From Hollywood Star
- Eating Ice Cream Can Make You Smarter
- Why Are Fireworks Illegal In New York State?
- East Aurora Safest Place To Live In Western New York