The 9 Best Fried Bologna in Western New York [LIST]
Saturday was national bologna day and if anywhere in America knows a good fried bologna, it is Buffalo, N.Y.
Sponge candy? Sure. Pizza? Yes. Beef on Weck? Yep. Chicken wings? Of course.
But, Western New York loves the fried bologna classic and has some of the best in the country. You may think "how is that possible. It's a bologna sandwich?" But it is true.
- Louisville, Kentucky – Hot Brown, an open-faced turkey sandwich with cream sauce on Texas toast.
- Chennai, India — India’s equivalent to Buffalo’s chicken wings.
- Buffalo, N.Y. — Chicken wings, inspired by Anchor Bar’s original wings.
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam — Banh Mi, a bread sandwich served on French baguettes.
- Lyon, France — Lyonnaise potatoes, along with many other French delicacies
We piled a list together from social media and the most frequently suggested places around Western New York.
Do you like the sliced bologna or the steak, thick-sliced bologna?