What College Freshmen Know (And Don’t) – The College Mindset List
So what do college freshman know about 9/11? Just what they've read about it in their history books.
The Marist College Mindset List for the Class of 2023 gives some insight into what's the perspective of the typical college-aged freshman.
They were born in 2001, meaning 9/11 is an historical event, just as the Kennedy Assassination and Pearl Harbor was for their parents.
Other highlights from the list:
- The primary use of a phone has always been to take pictures.
- They may well not have a younger sibling, as the birth rate in the U.S. has been dropping since they were in grammar school.
- Quarterback Troy Aikman has always called the plays live from the press booth.
- It has always been illegal to use a hand-held cell phone while driving in New York State.
- Monica and Chandler have always been married on Friends.
Read the full list here.