5 Reasons Why Dogs Are Better Than Cats
Today we celebrate National Love Your Pet Day and I am glad it is PET day, not cat day because there is no question that dogs are the far better pet!
It is no secret I am a dog guy. We have a bunch of pets in our house. In the past, I've told you about my buddy Tucker, our foster Claire, and the three dogs that I have now. I have my Boston Terrier Frankie, our rescued French Bulldog Gerti, and our newest rescue - our English Bulldog Minnie Pearl. So it's safe to say that I've got some experience with dogs and why they would be better than cats!
When I was a kid, I had a cat named Patches but it didn't take long for me to realize that dogs are far superior to cats. Here are my 5 reasons why:
- Call their name…they come. Yes, it might just be to get food…but they come. Now call a cat. See how that goes for you.
- When they lick you it feels like love. When a cat licks you it feels like they’re trying to remove the skin from your body.
- They go to the bathroom outside…because litter boxes are just NASTY!
- They help people with disabilities and mental illnesses. Would YOU trust a cat to lead you out into traffic and not get you hit? What was the last time you saw a cat in a vest helping people?
- They understand the word “no.” Tell a cat no and wait for the demented kitty laughter.
Ok...I was supposed to stop at 5 but lets be real...there are tons more reasons why they're better...here are 5 more:
- There is a different shape and size dog for everyone. Want one that’s a little bigger or one that fits in your lap better? Granted, cats come in different sizes, but I don’t think fat and not fat are what we are looking for here.
- They snuggle AND play. Yes, cats will sit in your lap. Dogs will too, but they’ll also play fetch, tug on a rope or take a jog with you too.
- Ever see a cat stick their head out of a car window when you take a ride? Nope…know why? They don’t take rides in cars. Dogs do…and they love every single moment of it.
- Dogs take baths. What kind of a savage licks themselves clean? Gross.
- They are always happy to see you. If you leave for two hours or you leave for two minutes, when you come back, they will jump out of their skin to get to you to love you.
Ok...I could go on but I think I've made my point. Whatever your pet is, whether it be a dog or a cat, a lizard or a fish, I hope you love it and treat it like another member of the family!