Former UB Bull Khalil Mack’s Donation Gets Abused By Walmart Employees
Former UB Bull, Khalil Mack, made a generous donation around Christmas time to help families in need. That donation was abused by some of the employees that work there.
The idea was to pay off layaway accounts that were lingering at a Walmart in Mack's hometown of Fort Pierce, Florida. He donated $80,000 to the store. But according to the Bleacher Report, the store only had $60,000 in layaways so there was money leftover. That's when some managers decided to allow employees to get some things for themselves.
It looks like a miscommunication, however, as the article states that a representative of the foundation approved of the transactions., but the foundation itself was not aware.
Walmart acknowledges that the funds were not handled "within Walmart's guidelines" and that they have "taken corrective action."
More Articles You Might Be Interested In
- Legoland Is Opening Another Park - And This One's In New York
- Good News For Swiss Chalet Lovers In WNY
- Amazon Is Spying On You - Here's How to Get Them To Stop
- New Law Would Give Tax Credits To People Who Rescue Pets
- Clear Your Car From Snow In New York, Or Get A Ticket
- Get Free Nuggets This Month From Chick-Fil-A |
Listen to WYRK On The Job with Brett Alan, weekdays from 10am-3pm on Buffalo’s New Country 106.5 WYRK!!
WYRKBrett on Snapchat