JUST IN: Traffic Information For Garth Brooks Concert in Buffalo, New York
Everyone in Buffalo is so excited for the return of Garth Brooks to Western New York after 7 years! This time Garth will play at the home of the Buffalo Bills, Highmark Stadium.
Some of the most common questions we get asked are about the traffic and parking for the concert.
Buffalo Bills Lots - Open at 5 PM
Doors for the concert - Open at 6 PM
The concert starts - 7 PM
Erie County Sheriff John C. Garcia announced traffic patterns for pre- and post-concert for Saturday, July 23, 2022.
The traffic patterns for the Garth Brooks concert at Highmark Stadium will be similar to those for Bills’ home games, so if you have ever been to the Buffalo Bills game you may be ready.
The section of Abbott Road in front of the stadium closes to north and southbound traffic at 4:00 p.m.;
The road will remain closed until after the concert;
Lots 2, 3, Camper lot, and Bus & Limo lots are accessible from Rte. 20a;
Lots 4 and 6 are accessible from Rte. 20.
Route 20a (Big Tree Road)
· Shortly before the conclusion of the concert, Rte. 20a from Fieldhouse Drive will be two-lane, one-way traffic headed eastbound. Vehicles west of Fieldhouse Dr. can only travel westbound.
All stadium lots open at 5:00 p.m., and drivers are asked not to park on the shoulder of the roadways for pedestrian safety.
Can you bring purses into Highmark Stadium? Here are some of the permitted items for the concert, according to the Buffalo Bills website:
- The NFL bag policy limits the size and type of bags that can be brought into the facility. This policy was put in place to enhance public safety and expedite fan entry at Highmark Stadium.
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12", or
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar), or
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand (4 ½" x 6 ½"), with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
- Seat cushions must not exceed 15" x 15" and must not contain arm rests, zippers, pockets, flaps or metal backs.
- Additional clothing and blankets (must be carried loosely)