The Eden Corn Fest Is Back For 2021
Every day it feels like we're taking another step back to being normal. Today we found out that another traditional summer festival is coming back for 2021.
There really isn't much that's better in life than an ear of corn in the beginning of August in Eden, New York.
Last year it felt like every day it was more bad news that was being delivered. One festival after the next was getting canceled or postponed. But this year, as we get back to normal, it's the exact opposite. Every day it's more good news about the things we love coming back.
Today it was the news that the Eden Corn Festival would be returning to Eden this summer. In a press release they state that they had gone through countless hours of committee meetings and careful consideration to come to the conclusion that it would be safe enough to hold the event.
They add that the health and safety of all who come to the Corn Fest is their first priority.
Some of the changes that you might see this year according to their website include:
- Face masks will be required for all staff and guests within the grounds.
- Signs will be posted throughout the festival grounds encouraging handwashing and sanitation.
- Guests and employees will be encouraged to practice social distancing by standing at least 6 feet away from individuals not traveling with them
- The festival grounds capacity may be limited based on guidelines from the CDC, New York State, Erie County, or local authorities.
- They will have an increased cleaning protocol
- The staff and vendors will be screened frequently
- There will be hand sanitizer stations throughout the grounds
They did say that the same food, games and midway attractions will still be there along with many of the crowd favorites that you've come to love over the years. However, sadly the parade, the auto show, and the corn eating contest will be missing to meet health and safety protocols.
But it's back!
The Eden Corn Festival - August 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th at the American Legion Grounds.
Check out EdenCornFest.com for more!