The Weirdest Item For Sale On Facebook Marketplace In Fredonia
We've seen some strange items for sale on Facebook Marketplace. But without a doubt, this one is the weirdest.
Think about the strangest thing you've seen on Facebook. Now multiply that by about 200 and that's how strange this one is.
What other strange things have we seen on Facebook Marketplace?
We’ve seen people looking for someone to clean their cat bones. We’ve seen someone trying to sell an arctic fox. Heck, we’ve even seen women selling positive pregnancy tests! This list goes on…
But this one takes the cake.
Why would someone want this?
We stumbled across this one on Facebook Marketplace a few days ago, and it's still there...click here to see the picture.
If by the time you're reading this, it's been taken down from the site, the item up for sale is a pickle, wrapped in a fruit roll-up, then dipped in hard candy. The ad mentions that you can have them dipped in nerds, kool-aid pop rocks or crushed jolly ranchers/life savers.
They're $10 each or 2 for $15.
Can you sell food on Facebook Marketplace?
Let's get past how weird it is for just a second. Can you sell food?
According to their rules on Commerce Policies, there isn't anything that says you can't. The things you aren't allowed to sell include:
Items that violate their community standards
- Adult products
- Body Parts & Fluids (Yup...they actually have to tell people not to sell these things.)
- Digital Media & Electronic Devices
- Items that promote discrimination
- Documents, currency, and financial instruments
- Items that promote gambling
- Hazardous Goods And Materials
- Human Exploitation and Sexual Services
- Ingestible Supplements
- Land, Animals, and Animal Products
- Medical and Healthcare Products
- Items that are misleading, hateful, or violent
- You cannot put up an ad for an item that isn't for sale
- Prescription products, drugs, or drug paraphernalia
- Recalled Products
- Sexually positioned products
- Stolen Goods
- Subscriptions and Digital Products
- Third-Party Infringement
- Tobacco products and related paraphernalia
- Used Cosmetics
- Weapons, ammunition, and other explosives
Would you try this kind of food?
It does make you wonder though...is there a demand for pickles that are wrapped in fruit roll-ups and then dipped in candy? Who thought of this?
And...is it actually good?
6 Pictures of the Best Listing on Facebook Marketplace in Buffalo