Transit Road Is About To Be A Complete Disaster Starting Soon
Transit Road is going to be a massive headache coming up starting this Summer for Cheektowaga, Depew, Lancaster, Clarence, Williamsville, and Amherst.
What is happening on Transit Road? As if Transit Road isn't already getting busier and busier, getting more and more traffic lights, there is a big construction project that will have Transit Road a mess for quite some time. In the end, it is all for good reasons. The construction is to make the traffic, in the end, smoother and safer. Here is what is going to be happening:
- Resurfacing Transit between French Road to Wehrle Drive.
- Adding or extending some turning lanes from French to Wherle.
- Widening of the intersection of Transit Road and Genesee Street.
- Second left-hand turning lanes will be added to Transit + Genesee intersection as well.
- The same thing will be happening to the intersection at Transit Road and French Road.
- A new pedestrian bridge is coming across Transit Road as well.
The project will cost $8.3 million and will be funded by the New York State Department of Transportation.
When will the construction on Transit Road end? Officials say that the project will be going on all the way through the end of 2023.
NEXT: Speaking of Transit Road, this building looks like it could be a bit...dangerous, don't you think?
Remember the old Hidden Shamrock Sports Bar located at 5521 Transit Road in Depew? It is on Transit between Broadway and Walden and on your right-hand side if you are going north. It is located slightly on a hill and sometimes, even though, it might be okay, think that it can at any moment crumble right into the middle of Transit Road.